Monday, April 14, 2008

Boasting

There are some incidents in our life that force us to think about something. I think this preamble is good enough and now I come to the point.

People talk as if they can do anything, but when the situation comes then only we realize that how “lily-livered” they really are. Yes I am talking about how much people boast. We all know at least one braggart, I believe. But I know many. Actually these days I have become very familiar with boastful persons. I have to take admission in MBA College and I am not a great student with good score. So I have to talk to brokers and agents for the admission. That’s why I decided to write about them.

Boasting may be the natural behavior of men, because I remember the words of Henry Louis Mencken that- “man is always looking for someone to boast to, woman is always looking for someone to complain to.” I admit that we all boast sometimes, But the people who have developed the bragging habit really irritates me. I am so surprised that why don’t people say no if they cant do any job? They know that they can’t but still say we can do anything.

But in that time I remember one line and I think it can help you also –“mules are always boasting that their ancestors were horses.” So I feel sorry for them.

3 comments:

  1. yes, people really boast so much. the one who can do is one who never boast..

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol yeah I pity such ppl too.And just wonder how much does it take to be modest ?!! :S

    Poor 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol yeah I pity such ppl too.And just wonder how much does it take to be modest ?!! :S

    Poor 'em!

    ReplyDelete